BOOK 3 RULES FOR IDO DANCE DISCIPLINES
3.15 SYNCHRO DANCE
Categories: Groups and formations.
Age Divisions: see in General Provisions of Couple Dance Disciplines.
1. Music: The group itself selects the music. Any musical rhythms are accepted.
All musical rhythms are allowed and will compete in the Synchro Dance competition.
2. Duration of Performance: 2:30 – 3:00 minutes for groups and 3:00 to 4:00 minutes for formations,
4:00 to 5:00 for production.
3. Tempo: no restriction.
4. Characteristics and Movements: The fundamental element of the discipline is to dance side by side
in synchronization; therefore, all dancers must execute their movements and figures at the same time
and in the same direction, maintaining their alignment throughout the performance.
(The last 15-20 seconds may incorporate free alignment as a finale to the performance.)
5. Lifts / Acrobatic Movements / Contacts: Not permitted.
6. Stage Props: Not permitted.
7. Prohibitions: Removal of articles of clothing or accessories during the exhibition or while entering or
exiting the floor.This discipline is not a "couple" dance, and partnering is not permitted at
any time during the performance.
8. The Synchro teams are dancing one by one to their own music throughout the all rounds including the final.
The Cross system is used in qualifying rounds and placing in order of merit in the final.